BPM (Business Process Management) is a discipline capable of managing, organizing, and facilitating organizational processes. Its focus is to achieve company objectives through techniques and tools to analyze, model, improve, and control processes comprising all those involved.
With this foundation, we verify that any business process can benefit from BPM. To exemplify the use, below we demonstrate some solutions applied by Neomind in several clients, with different business scenarios:
1 – Uses of BPM in health plans: elective hospitalization
An elective hospitalization procedure begins after the medical report and the request is forwarded to the health insurance company. This request arrives in the system as a process (workflow) and goes through the evaluation of a medical staff.
Doctors take over the tasks and evaluate each case for admission, and indicate:
- Whether or not procedures should be performed;
- Whether there will be use of materials;
- Whether there are any missing documents;
- Whether the patient should be referred to a specialist in the area, etc.
Each one of these decisions follows a different path within the workflow, which can be the finalization with the procedure denied, or the sending of letters to release the procedure password and requisition for the purchase of materials. In this process, we can list the main advantages:
- Reduction of bureaucracy:the steps are clearer and more coordinated by the system;
- Agility in the search for information:you can quickly know at what stage and with whom the process is;
- Integration:since the flow is electronic, the information entered can already be integrated with other systems and hospitals;
- Greater control of deadlines, avoiding problems such as fines from the ANS (Agência Nacional de Saúde – National Health Agency).
2 – Uses of BPM in the public area: release and management of permits
To issue an establishment permit, the applicant needs to start an online application in a city portal with all the establishment, company, and personal data. This information is integrated into the tool automatically.
The whole process of releasing the permit takes place within the tool, and the requests are evaluated by inspectors and managers. If authorized, they have a licensing fee to pay. After the payment of the fee, the applicant has the permit in hands with a 100% digital procedure. About this process we can list the following main advantages:
- Reduction of bureaucracyfor issuing permits for establishments and events;
- Drastic shortening of the procedure time for releasing a permit;
- Decreased use and expense of materials;
- Greater accessibility and centralization of information due to the integration with other public agencies.
In 2017 we received an international award for this example. Check out more details about the project and the award in this article.
3 – Uses of BPM in the financial context: credit analysis
For a financial loan to take place, an application must be made with the applicant’s personal data. This application begins by filling in the applicant’s details and the amount of the loan.
After all the data has been informed, it is necessary to validate the restrictions that are in the applicant’s name, that is, to check the status at Serasa, SCPC, perform an income analysis, and document analysis. If approved by all the areas included in the approval scope, the benefit is granted. About this process we can list the following advantages:
- Reduced bureaucracy and faster process: well-defined steps and a flow that encompasses all the interested parties;
- Decreased time for analysis: integration with advisory bodies;
- Paperless environment.
All the scenarios briefly mentioned are real cases of BPM use by Neomind clients. We can define that BPM can be applied in several contexts that we did not initially imagine. So, when thinking about BPM in the context of your company, it is interesting to have an “open mind,” because the applicability can be much broader than the scenarios commonly imagined. Would you like to know more about these and other examples of application? Get in touch with us!
Try it for 15 days free right now! Or, if you prefer, request a demonstration from our consultants. Count on us to answer all your doubts and help your company!